Technical Sales Coordinator (Full Time Position)
Opportunity to play a key Sales role and serve as an important link between the supplier and the customer. The Technical Sales Coordinator will be responsible for handling sales calls, formulating quotations and supplying technical support and information, dealing with customer enquiries, managing logistics issues, progress chasing and assisting in identifying further sales opportunities and will be liaising with account managers, customers, design engineers both in the UK and internationally.
Hours 40 per week (9am-5pm) Monday – Friday
- Deal with enquiries, progress calls and information requests from customers
- Operate as first point of contact for customers
- Assist customers with orders, quotations or complaints
- Deal with new leads, answering customer queries and preparing sales documentation
- Achieve agreed sales targets
- Update the website pages and to enhance the website in line with Marketing requirements
- Maintain a pro-active telephone contact with existing and prospective customers including appointment booking, quote follow up, qualifying, cold prospecting calls, closing orders, etc
- Effectively deal with requests compiling technical information, delivery, prices etc. from external suppliers to produce accurate quotations.
- Maintain customer contact records
- Attend internal and external meetings and courses when required
- · Assist with a range of marketing projects and initiatives such as reports, datasheet changes and email campaigns.
- Good level of academic achievement and ideally have a business or marketing degree
- Experience in a sales administration / sales support role, gained ideally in a technical or engineering environment
- Good understanding and be confident working with numerical/technical data
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Proficient Software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be approachable and professional